The Catalog

Followers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tit for Tat

I wrote this to try my hand at serialized 55 Fictions after hearing about the contest from DH and Yumeko... I think I had the wrong idea though... Anyway... these are still funny and “connected”...

So... for your reading pleasure...



#024: The Phantom Menace (#1)

Pat was all alone…

The power was still out…

Crash!!

The sound of shattering glass broke the silence…

Pat: “Who’s there?!”

No reply…

Pat slowly opened the door…

Something gleamed in the dark...

Just then… the lights turned on…

Milk had spilled from a shattered bottle…

Pat watched the culprit drinking it.

Pat: “Bloody cat.”


#022: Pat Strikes Back (#2)

The cat slowly stalked his prey.

It would not be allowed to escape this time…

It was out in the open!

There was no escape…

In a single bound he was upon it.

He lifted up his paw carefully

It had disappeared again.

Pat: “Silly cat!”

Pat put the pointer back in his pocket.


#023: Revenge of the Cat (#3)

The cat dragged its kill by the tail…

It had been a tough battle…

Biting through the creature’s skin had been difficult…

His sharp claws had done the trick.

He was far enough away now…

It was time to eat…

Suddenly; the human appeared…

Pat: “YOU STUPID CAT!!!”

Pat picked up his mangled sneaker.



The numbers on the right are the order that they are to be read... the numbers on the left are the order that I wrote them in... the titles are an obvious reference to the Star Wars...


P.S. : By pointer I mean laser pointer... corporate types might know what I mean...



EDIT:


Made a 4th one in this series... serves as a better conclusion I think.... If I had gone to GingerChai... I would probably have gone with the #2 #3 and #4... in that order...


#025: Return of the Cat (#4)

I walked home leisurely.

The pest was gone.

My new sneakers squeaked a little.

I was watching TV when the doorbell rang.

It was my friend Bob.

Bob: “Hey Pat! I found this in the next town man! Thought you might like it back”

I took the box from him.

It meowed.

I cursed.



My Star Wars themed titles kinda ruin the suspense for this one... but I think its still okay... Be sure to tell me if you think otherwise....

5 comments:

Samadrita said...

Hahahahaha these are too funny. Loved them a lot. :D
You should've participated in the GingerChai contest. Unfortunately enough the last date of submission of entries was the 5th.

The Laughing Man said...

Yeah I saw that... Bit disappointed... but honestly I dont feel that I have reached any kind of conclusion here unlike all of those stories I read... but (not to detract from the quality of the writing) very few of those 55's gave me the impression that they could be fully appreciated if separated from the other two stories in the sets...

Unknown said...

I still feel you should have used a hamster, but oh well...

Great stuff dude. I could literally hear the battle cries of man and beast throughout your narration (or was it the microphone blearing out loud music beside my place?)....

Samadrita said...

ROFL poor Pat! Nice conclusion to the series. :)

The Laughing Man said...

Yeah... it wraps in elements from the 2nd story and brings it to an end of sorts... still room for continuations though... LoL...