The Catalog

Followers

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Fool

You are a fool... why do you even try?
Because I have hope...
Hope is a terrible thing... a dangerous thing... it can drive people insane...
Stop messing up the quotes from the Shawshank Redemption will ya?
Listen to me... you are a fool for hoping things will change....
So you are saying I must choose between being a smart cynic... or a foolish romantic?
Indeed...
Not much of a choice then is it?
Nope...
I prefer to be the romantic... as hopeless as my cause might be...
Then may you rot in this dump for the rest of your life...
Tell me... why are you so bitter?
Its not like it matters to me... but I feel bad when I see your efforts go to waste...
Such as?
When you try get people to clean up their act.... you get reprimanded for not minding your own business...
and?
Even when you try to tell others whats right and wrong... to make it so that the line between right and wrong is not as blurred anymore.... you get shot down...
You think that is enough to discourage me?
It isnt?
Of course not... I have allies here you see... ones who understand how I feel... however few there might be... and however disillusioned they might be...
So you will stay here then?
Yeah... but that does not mean I will limit myself to this place... I wont let you get lonely....
Ba..baka!... As if I care about that....
Youre cute when you act like that you know...
And you are still a fool...
I dont mind that... as long as I have you to worry about me...
You really are the biggest fool I know...
I sure hope so... cause I know you have a soft spot for fools like me...
I just want you to promise me one thing... no... two things...
What?
Dont push yourself too far....
and?
Dont you dare give up....
Kinda contradictory dont you think?
I guess I am a fool too....
Heh... you know what this reminds me of?
No...
A movie I saw once long ago...
How did it end?
Happily... The hero defeated his opponents and lived happily ever after with his lover...
Is that so?
Well... I guess the people who made that movie were all hopeless romantics like me...
I guess...
So... what kind of ending do you see in store for us?
Do you need to ask?
Yes...
A happy one...
... and thats all the encouragement I needed...
They embrace... and he walks away... she watches him... a single tear rolls down her face...
You really are the biggest fool...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another blog post I made elsewhere... and this one is again targeting the mods... yeah... I am anti establishment...

No comments: